CONSTITUTION AND RULES FOR LITTLE ASTON BOWLING CLUB
1. That the name shall be Little Aston Bowling Club, hereinafter to be referred to as "The Club" and shall be affiliated to The Warwickshire and Worcestershire Counties bowling Association and The British Crown Green bowling Association.
2. The Officers ( hereinafter called the Committee ) shall consist of :
Ladies' Vice Captain
3. All committee meetings must be attended by a quorum, consisting of five members. The chairman or, in his/her absence, a deputy agreed at the meeting shall have a casting vote.
The Officers to be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held before the end of March.
4. A Special General Meeting may be convened by the Committee or on receipt by the Secretary of a request in writing from not fewer than ten members of the Club.
At all General Meetings the Chair will be taken by the Chairman or Vice-Chairman or, in their absence, by a deputy appointed by those at the meeting. The Chair shall have a second casting vote if a decision should not be decided by a simple majority vote of all present. A quorum for Special General Meetings shall be two thirds of the membership.
5. The Treasurer shall keep accurate accounts of the finances of The Club. The financial year shall end on the 31st December, after which the accounts shall be audited, by a member appointed at the preceding A.G.M., and shall be presented to the forthcoming AGM.
6. Membership of the Club, as a playing or non-playing social member, shall be open to any person proposed and seconded by existing members, on completion of an application form and approval by the Committee. During the playing season, the subscription shall be reduced pro-rata for each complete month of the season already passed (i.e. by one sixth per month April to September).
7.The Committee reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member at any time, should said member be guilty of conduct which, in the opinion of the committee, is prejudicial to the Club, following a formal verbal and final written warning. No member shall be expelled without first being given an opportunity to explain his/her conduct before the Committee at least two thirds of which shall vote for his/her expulsion.
8. Any matters in dispute which affect the Club or its members shall be referred to the Committee, whose decision shall be final and binding.
9. Resignations must be notified to the Club Secretary in writing by the first March. If neither a letter of resignation nor subscription is received by the end of May, it will be considered the member has resigned.
10. Any member wishing to change from playing to non-playing or vice-versa, is asked to notify the Club Secretary in writing by the 1st March.
11. The annual subscription for playing and social membership shall be determined at the Annual General Meeting each year.
12. Subscriptions to be paid to the Treasurer by the end of May.
13. It is the duty of any member introducing a new full bowling member to be responsible for
him / her when in attendance until a reasonable standard of bowling has been achieved and to guide the new member on the rules and etiquette of the game. If he/ she does not feel competent to do this then the help of an experienced player should be enlisted.
14. Cup matches to be played according to the Rules of the British Crown Green Bowling Association, plus specific Club rules as in "Rules for Cup and League Games".
It is the responsibility of the first named member(s) in each Cup Game to arrange the time of the game to be played.
15. New bowling members who wish to play in competitions requiring a handicap shall be given a first season handicap by the Committee, based on their previous experience.
16. Full playing members may introduce a guest player, Saturdays excluded. Each guest to be limited to four visits per season, at a fee to be agreed at the AGM.
17. In all cases affecting the playing of matches and the administration of the competitions, with the exception of the decision to allow substitutes in cup and league competitions which shall be a matter for the Committee, the decision of the Captain is final, and in his / her absence the Vice-Captain will act with the same authority.
18. Only bowling shoes or similar to be worn on the green. Members should confirm with the Captain that any non-official shoes they wish to wear are acceptable. Soles should be flat but with some patterning to give some grip on a damp green.
For matches dress should be white, cream or grey trousers/skirts and white,cream or pale blue blouses/shirts and Club sweaters/cardigans. Many members also apply this code to Saturday afternoons. At other times dress should be smart casual.
19. If at any General Meeting of the Club, a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the Club, the Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting of the Club, to be held not less than one month thereafter, to discuss and vote on the resolution.
If at that Special General Meeting, the resolution is carried by at least two-thirds of the playing members present at the meeting, the Committee shall thereupon , or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the Club and discharge all debts and liabilities of the Club.
19 (continued) After discharging all debts and liabilities of the Club, the remaining assets shall not be paid or distributed amongst the members of the Club, but shall be given or transferred to some other voluntary organisation having objects similar to those of the Club.
20. Any proposal to alter the rules of the Club must be sent in writing to the Secretary not later than the 31st January, and any subsequent amendment to the rules suggested by the Committee to be notified to the members prior to the Annual General Meeting.
21. All matters not provided for by the above foregoing rules shall be dealt with by the Committee.
First Issue : August 1985
Amendment : March 1991
Amendment : March 1992
Amendment : March 1998
Amendment : March 1999
Amendment : February 2006
Amendment : February 2008